Membership dues ($20 for new & renewal members, $7.50 for retiree members) should be postmarked by January 31 each year or a $10 late fee will be added. Send a check, made payable to Chi Epsilon Sigma, to our Treasurer.
Our 2024 Community Service Project will be a donation to the Timothy Warren Memorial Scholarship (more information can be found here). Contributions are voluntary; professional improvement funds can not be used. If you would like to donate, send a separate check (also made payable to Chi Epsilon Sigma) along with your membership fees and note on the memo line "donation to Timothy Warren Memorial Scholarship". You will also have a chance to donate at our annual meeting.
Chi Epsilon Sigma Provides Opportunities to:
- Enhance job skills with annual training opportunities
- Develop leadership skills and serve in leadership roles
- Earn scholarship awards for professional development workshops and seminars
- Be recognized and awarded for professional excellence
- Get to know other Extension staff members
- Plan and participate in the annual meeting
Staff Should be Encouraged to be Involved for:
- Personal and professional development benefits both employee and employer
- Promotion of teamwork, which results in the advancement of Extension goals
- Effective working relationships to improve the work environment
- The morale, prestige, and respect of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service, which Chi Epsilon Sigma upholds
Possible Time Out of the Office:
- 2-3 days a year to attend the annual meeting
- 3 days, throughout the year, to attend Board Meetings, if they are an officer or director
- Chi Epsilon Sigma event at the Dean's Staff Appreciation Day on UK Campus
How can you support Staff Involvement?
- Encouragement! Remind them that you understand they are part of the Extension team and should have access to professional development.
- Budget Professional Development funds for staff members to attend meetings
Support staff that has retired from the Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service are still welcome to join our organization. Retired members are also entitled to hold office, serve on committees, and participate in discussions and activities of the Fraternity.
May be accorded to those who have performed some meritorious service in the interest of the Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service support staff. See the list of current honorary members here.