To recognize a member who has shown distinguished service during the previous calendar year and has worked for CES for more than 5 years.
To recognize a member who has shown distinguished service during the previous calendar year and has worked for CES for less than 5 years.
To recognize a member for an excellent newsletter, flyer, brochure, report, or any type of printed media during the previous calendar year.
To recognize a member for an excellent social media post, website design, email template, online survey, or any type of digital media/communications during the previous calendar year.
To recognize a member for an outstanding program during the previous calendar year.
To recognize a member who always goes above and beyond their job description. Someone that is helping others in the office – whether it is the client or co-workers. To recognize an individual who always works for the greater good.
To recognize a member who always comes to work with a smile and who keeps the office cheerful. To recognize someone who is the life of the party, who makes a joke at the right time to relieve tension.
- Any current Chi Epsilon Sigma member is eligible. There may be other eligibility requirements depending on the award category as mentioned in the award descriptions.
- Only one person may be nominated per nomination form (no team nominations).
- Previous winners may be nominated; however, no award can be won in consecutive years.
- Any staff member, agent, or employee of the University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service.
- Self-nominations are encouraged.
- Multiple people may work together to nominate the same CHIES member.
- The same nominator may nominate more than one staff member, but not on the same form.
- Fill out the form and choose an award category.
- Submit the completed nomination form along with supporting documents (if required) and a photo of the nominee to the appropriate board member.
- This may be different each year depending on which board members are on the awards committee. This information as well as the due date can be found on the form when the nomination window opens.
- Executive Board Members from The Extension & Research Support Staff Association and our Chi Epsilon Sigma Sister Chapters (Ohio State, Arkansas, and Louisiana) will be asked to judge the awards.
- If the Awards Committee is unable to secure judges from those organizations, UK Extension Agents will be asked. Agents will not judge nominees from their county.
- The judges will select a first, second, and third-place winner in each category. The first-place winner in the Distinguished Service, New Achiever, Digital Communications, Print Media, and Outstanding Program categories will receive $50. All winners will be recognized and presented with a certificate and/or award.
- The winners will be recognized at the Annual Chi Epsilon Sigma meeting in April